Every once in a while, you might need to reset your phone for a variety of reasons. You may want to start with a fresh phone because it is too slow or you might want to give it to someone and dont want your personal data being in the phone when you do give it to someone. For what ever the reason, resetting the phone is easy and safe. Be careful not to reset the phone if you don't really want to since ALL data is lost including contacts, text messages, and anything saved in your SD card (optional).
Here is how to reset your LG Optimus Q:
1. From the home screen, select the left ferthest most hard key that looks like two boxes, one smaller than the other.
2. You should see a small list of options appear from the botton (on to the screen).
3. Select "Settings"
4. Scroll to "Privacy" and select it.
5. Select "Factory data reset"
6. (optional step) Click "Erase SD card" to wipe out everything on your SC card.
7. Click "Reset phone" and as a final precaution, click "Erase everything".
You just reset your LG Optimus Q!